Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Billy's Fairy Godmother Strikes Again!

I think it is fair to say that it is commonly known that Billy has some special higher power looking after him at all times. I have a recent example of this that I must share....

One Sunday afternoon, Billy couldn't find his keys. His key chain contains several items of note: our apartment key, our only mailbox key, a key to La Trobe university, and his tennis club membership card. So nothing too terrible to replace, but certainly an annoyance and maybe a large handful of change to replace. He thought he last had them the Friday before. He looked through all his pants pockets and was thoroughly stumped as to where they could be. After a good while of searching (~10 minutes) he gave up in a huff.

So a few days go by and still no keys. I suggested he ask at the gym because his keys/phone/change usually fall out of his slippery athletic pants. I don't think this happened for reasons to follow. So a few more days go by and still no keys. At this point I'm getting a little agitated. I'm not worried about leaving our door unlocked all the time, but I'm getting increasingly nervous about having to replace everything. (Yes, I internalize some of billy's responsibilities even though I don't take care of them. I don't know why... please help.) So the following Sunday (10 days after keys were lost) we played tennis. When we returned the court key to the reception desk I leaned over and asked if they have a lost and found. As I say this, Billy mumbles something like, "no, don't ask her...it would be at the other gym". Low and behoooooold... there they were! Some good samaritan (no doubt directly related to his fairy godmother) had picked them up somewhere and handed them in!

Good luck strikes Billy again!

No comments: