Thursday, January 24, 2008

She stole my boxes...

Yesterday I went to Safeway and spoke to a nice young man in produce about cardboard boxes. He said he would save boxes for me and that I could come by tomorrow to pick them up. And he added that anytime during the day would be fine. So nice, he was.

This morning, around 10:30am (I know, not that early!), I walked over to Safeway. I couldn't find the same guy so I asked a different man. He said, "Oh, yeah, he told me! But another woman came at 7:30 this morning and I thought she was you, so I gave her the boxes."

He was able to find a few for me, but the boxes are certainly not the creme de la creme that I'm sure my friend had saved me. These are cauliflower boxes and they are covered in wax.

Oh well, that lady LUCKED OUT!

Why the boxes, you might be asking?! We start moving on Monday the 28th! Wahoo! And when I say, "We start", I really mean, "I start". Billy once again has shirked the responsibility of moving his belongings... he claims he's busy with a "5 day sailing regatta". Whatever that is....

No comments: