Monday, November 5, 2007

Billy Goes to the Prom...

Wilson's Promontory, that is... no, he didn't sneak his way into a high school dance :)

Unfortunately Billy has to work for a living, and therefore doesn't have the freedom to fuss around like I do! Therefore, I am only going to post pictures since I don't really know what they did... From what I gather, they had a lovely time hiking, sitting on the beach, and drinking a few beers underneath the stars... (stars... I don't think I've seen them since July!)

Lucky for them, the weather report was off by 20 C... (all the meteorologists should be FIRED!) so rather than being a low of 10, high of 13, as was reported the morning they left, it was 30 degrees! But of course it was cold at night, so they all got sunburned but then bundled up in their huge jackets and hats at night...

Here are some pictures that tell the story better than I can...


Billy at the 'Squeaky Beach'... the sand makes squeaky sounds when you rub your hands and feet in it.

Andrea, Tyler and Elma (and part of Brian!)



I think some ocean spray got on the lens... (doh!)

After the sun set, Billy went off to hunt wombats for dinner.

Fortunately for the wombat, Billy was wearing his sailing jacket which has tons of reflectors all over it. He was easily detected and avoided.

I forget what this is... it's not a wombat... it looks like some sort of cat-rat hybrid?!??!


Below is a video of Billy making the sand squeak... sorry about the bad angle... I can't take credit for that one!

No comments: