Saturday, November 10, 2007

8 down, 4 to go... and random notes

Well I have officially finished 8 out the required 12 classes for my degree! What a relief! I have enjoyed releasing all the pressure off my shoulders (and from my stomach)... and now get to enjoy life for a while as a real housewife.... well, apartment-wife. So far, it has been glorious. Billy has been treated to delicious food, though he ate too much of the very rich chocolate cake and was so sick the next morning that he had to call in sick! DOH! But besides cooking and making my husband ill, I have been catching up on all those tasks that I had been pushing off for so long... We'll see how much I accomplish before Dan arrives a week from Monday!

Oh big news about Dan's trip... we had originally wanted to go dive with the sharks. But, it turns out, that you just go diving in the aquarium (oceanarium they say) and there is actually a wall between you and the sharks. You just get to swim with the fish. Boring. To dive down in a cage (and feed the great whites!) you have to pay mucho $$ and take a ridiculously long journey out into the ocean. That is a no-go. I had enough time on the ocean during our honeymoon, and I don't know if my stomach is strong enough yet to repeat the journey. So diving with sharks is out. BUT.... walking with the TIGERS might be in...

At the Australia Zoo (opened by Steve Irwin), they let you go take a tiger for a morning stroll. Now much cheaper, and only an hour from our hotel, this might be a winner! We have to talk Dan and Debbie into it... but hopefully they'll want to do it.

That's all for now... we're having a party tonight so I must get everything ready! (Billy has of course insisted that we throw this party... on a day that coincides with his sailing race... so he can't help prepare, as usual!) Marjie -- give him grief, please! He won't read this, so I'm in the clear :)

No comments: