Sunday, February 25, 2007

Vindalooooo

So tonight, after a long weekend of classes and a wild game of tennis with Billy, I decided that I would cook dinner and relax. We had fresh chicken so I made chicken vindaloo with a pre-made simmer sauce I found at safeway. It took a while... and I was fairly excited to sit down and eat it. That's when the fun began. The package had read "hot", but it said to just add more coconut milk to cool it down, which I had done. Billy and I soon realized that the coconut milk had not had the desired affect. It was still blazing hot. Poor billy felt some sort of guilt, since I had selected it since it's his favorite indian dish and spent all that time cooking, so he kept saying how delicious it was, while of course taking breaks to breathe fire. Anyway, I don't want to mislead you and say that there was an happy end to this tragic story... well, in a way, it was happy because my mouth did eventually cool down with the aid of plain rice drenched in coconut milk, and yogurt. But we had about a pound of leftovers which we put in the freezer because it seemed just awful to throw it all away. Billy said, "I'm going to need a lot of encouragement to eat that again." So here's another incentive for those who are thinking about visiting.... we have a delightful meal for you, ready to be defrosted at a moment's notice!

No comments: