Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our 3rd Anniversary

Kersti and I just celebrated our third anniversary! What an amazing three years it has been. It's fun to look back on all we have done! To celebrate, I took Kersti to a cooking class at the Good News cooking school right here in Pacific Beach. They have a fantastic cooking shop and culinary school which happened to be offering a Gluten Free cooking class on the day of our anniversary! Especially perfect because Kersti is on the 28-day program right now, which is gluten free. We learned some interesting techniques and recipes, and were thoroughly stuffed by the end of the class! And of course, afterwards we had to pick up some nifty cooking tools as well!


That evening, we went to see Avatar 3D. What a great movie! Everyone was recommending to see it in the theaters in 3D, and I have to agree. I had no idea what the plot was about, but I actually found it to be pretty entertaining and not as cheesy as most blockbusters I have seen recently. I would highly recommend it to anyone, the visuals were really awe inspiring. And the 3-day glasses we were given were way cooler than the flimsy paper ones with one blue and one red lense! They were thick rimmed black plastic with clear lenses, and we looked awesome ;) - especially Kersti who had to wear them over her regular glasses.



That weekend we drove up to LA, to visit Peggy, JT, Andrew, Inga, and Paul. We hoped to see the Cavaliers-Clippers (go Lebron!) basketball game, but our tickets on stubhub fell through which was a major bummer. So, we stayed at JTs and went out on the town instead. We also tried out the new Tony Hawk Ride game, which has a peripherial skate board (without wheels) that you do tricks on! It was a blast, especially as I can't skateboard worth a darn so it was nice to be about an inch off the ground surrounded by soft carpet!



We both have been working pretty hard now that we are back in San Diego. I was at the American Wind Energy Association this week, and Kersti has been helping run the next session of classes for her company. Plus, it has been crazy stormy and windy here the last week. Our apartment leaks through the windows, so Kersti had quite the busy time staying ahead of it while I was at the conference. The only good thing was that with the high winds, we got to see a type of sailboat on the bay that I had never seen before.


A beautiful sunset from our balcony, the prettiest one yet I think!


Some cooking supplies we picked up after the cooking class, thanks Mom and Dad!


We grew mushrooms from recycled coffee grounds (a xmas gift from Kersti's mom)!


When I first saw this boat from a distance, I thought it might be two boats sailing really close together. But as it got closer, I realized this was the weirdest boat I think I have ever seen. This crazy boat actually has two pontoon type hulls with mast and sails each, and then a main hull in between. The two pontoons are connected by a long rod, which the main hull can slide along. So the main hull moves back and forth between the two pontoons, depending on your point of sail. The two masts are also connected higher up. It was fast when it got moving, but seemed to be hard to keep straight.

No comments: