Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in Florida

Kersti and I moved out of our apartment in San Diego (we will be moving back into in January), and drove up to the Bay Area. Julia (Kersti’s younger sister) was flying back from Argentina after having spent six months in Buenos Aires (her blog is at http://juliainbaires.blogspot.com/). She had a fabulous time there, studying really hard I’m sure. She had a bit of adjustment to be awake during the daylight hours (they often party until dawn there), but it was so nice to see her again after such a long time.



We then flew to Florida for the holidays for a week with the Peter/Johnson family. The whole extended family was in town, and it was the first time I had seen many of them since the wedding. My younger brother David was back from Newcastle, England, having finished his first year of Med School. He leaves for Grenada, next week, so hopefully we will get a chance for an island vacation!


Sarasota is perfect in the winter, and we had some great sailing and so many fabulous meals! My Aunt is an excellent cook, and has become a pro at feeding the 20+ family gatherings. My dad has been perfecting his pie recipes, and my mom hosted two amazing dinners. It was great to see all my cousins’ kids again and of course to see my two nephews, Leo and Isaac. They are only one and two years old, but are so clever already, not to mention super cute. We went on a walk to St. Armand’s Circle, and celebrated Chirstmas with the whole family!



We are now off to the Bay Area again, where we will spend New Years with friends before returning to San Diego and moving back in to our beach apartment!



Christmas in Florida!



Why you need a fireplace in Florida


Reindeer games in the pool


Family dinner


The saxophone pros Emma and Carolyn



Going for a sail on the shearwater


Kersti helping Leo open his presents

The three Peter boys


The whole family!


Leo is a big hit with the kids


Leo checking his email


Mom, Dad, and Max in St. Armands

My bros

Dad and I on the beach walk


A beautiful day and picture, too bad I blinked!


Amy taking Isaac for a stroll


Helping Leo climb the sawdust mountain

No comments: