Sunday, August 3, 2008

The start of my last semester!

My final semester has begun... I have just three more classes to pass and I will have my masters! Whoopee. Here's a run-down:

1. Property Investment - a rather hard core financial class with lots of spreadsheets and calculations (Eeek), but it will be very useful for me to have some idea of what asset managers do to compare investment options.

2. Regenerating Activity Centres - from an urban design perspective, how do you transform a town hub to allow for higher density living while still making it a nice place to live, work, recreate, etc. Fun!

3. Urban Design for Planners - an excellent accompaniment to #2... here I will learn to draw, they say. Nice, I've been looking for a drawing and coloring class. But no, I think it will be great and a hopefully it will be quite fun.

So that's it on the classes, which will round out my "Master of Environment, with a focus on sustainability in the built environment" degree!

-------------

And in addition to classes... I'll be tutoring one subject for Ormond and also working 20 hours a week, so busy busy, I will be!

No comments: