Saturday, June 2, 2007

Kersti's Class Fieldtrip


I went on a fieldtrip in April with my Sustainable Landscapes class. First we visited a sheep farm that had been converted to a chicken farm with a conservation area to conserve the special native grasses. Then we drove to the coast to see the 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road. It was a stunning view... it made me miss California! The major difference was, nothing was between me and Antarctica! We stayed the night in Warnambool, and I checked into my first caravan park. Not so bad - the trailer was quite lovely, as were my 4 bunkmates! The next day we were given a tour of an estuary and talked about the problems caused by coastal development. Then we drove into the country and took a walk through a nature area of native bush... It was a lovely walk, though SIX leaches climbed up onto my legs... Yuck. We had a bbq lunch and then got back into the bus for a trip to a dairy farm. Then back to Melbourne.

For pictures... check out: http://picasaweb.google.com/kersti.miller/KerstiSFieldtripGreatOceanRoadVictoria

1 comment:

Heather said...

BEAUTIFUL COASTAL VIEWS KERSTI! I'm so jealous...although I could do without the leaches!